Thursday, March 16, 2006

I think we're all getting it again...

some stupid virus, that is.

See...I was supposed to go out to see Nunsense on Saturday evening. My downstairs neighbors were going to watch the kids. But around 6:00 p.m. the snow started...it was a driving snow, blowing sideways. (I should have taken a picture of my van the following morning...only the passenger side of the car had snow on it...the driver's side was CLEAN.) And then they called, explaining that their daughter had thrown up and was running a high fever. One of them volunteered to come up and sit with the kids anyway, but I thought it best that I stay home. With the driving snow falling and a virus running rampant in their house, I didn't want to risk anything.

So Monday, I get asked me to watch the little girl. Mom needs to go visit a friend in the hospital. She tells me that the daughter was still running a low-grade fever in the night, but it seems to have cleared up. The daughter seemed, to me, to still have a fever...she had those rhumy eyes that you get when you're feverish. But it was only for an hour.

Unfortunately, now I'm aching, feverish and feeling way out of sorts. I was cold this afternoon, and was wrapped in a blanket, even though it was 72 degrees in the house. Hannah came home from school and stated that she was cold too. She doesn't seem to have a fever yet, though. I am praying that this is a simple cold virus and not something more complicated (like stomach issues). I am also praying that God keeps Scotty out of this. It's hard enough to deal with being sick, but having to deal with a 2 year old who doesn't understand it and gets scared by it is just beyond me right now.

So, if you're the praying sort (and I know that a lot of my readers are)...keep us in your prayers for health and quick healing. Pray that we don't get any really bad ickies - I can deal with coughs, fevers, and runny noses!

Now I'm off to get some water, and go to bed....and it's only 8:30 p.m.

7 comments:

Kara said...

Well, i'm not sure if you can get this in Germany, but in the US we have this thing called AIRBORNE and it's just a mega dose of vitamins basically, but it really does help...sigh, if you cant get it, then this is just a tease isnt it..lol. Here via michele today

Sue said...

Hope you feel better sis :)

Anonymous said...

Lord, please comfort and ease Linda's burden. Give her strength and carry her while she's down.

and while you're at it, can you find her a nice house in KS?

(thought I would try while He's listening, ya know.....)

GET WELL. There are no sick days for Moms! Didn'y you get the memo?

srp said...

Yes, hope you feel better.
My brother in Austria is always getting something in the early spring there.
Here from Michele.

The Gnat's Trumpet said...

Hope you feel better. We're in the midst of a long bout in our house as well, both of our little ones have something going on, mostly affecting their sleep, but not their play during the day thankfully.

Get well!

By the way, I might have the next part up before the end of the day.

Anonymous said...

Prayers and good wishes.

I hope you're feeling better.

Cassie-b

Sue said...

Okay, so what are the odds that I will play Michele's game and end up coming back to your blog LOL

Michele sent me LOL