Monday, August 07, 2006

Done...almost!

We are almost done settling in. You know, it's a good feeling to see pictures hanging on the walls, and everything neatly put away. There are still some boxes in the garage. Some of the stuff needs to go into my cedar chest. We had to juggle things a bit, but I'll be able to use my chest for the keepsakes, as I always do. We have almost an entire garage stall of stuff that is going to be garage saled! This is scary, since we had a garage sale about a year and a half ago. We are REALLY culling down our stuff, and it feels great. Once it's gone, I won't worry about it anymore. Sentimentality aside, it does wonders to get rid of junk!

Now comes the detail work. I am anal-retentive, so I like all my books categorized by theme, then by size...with all authors together (assuming the books are all the same size, of course). The linen closets are all neat and folded - Martha Stewart, eat your heart out! The cd's need a bit of sorting out, still...I've managed to sort out the country and Christian cd's from the rest. Now to break down the military (when your husband is a bandmaster of an Army band, you end up with a lot of military band recordings), classical, jazz, and strictly trumpet (would you believe we have over 50 of these???).

My scrapping area is the only place NOT set up, but that's okay for now. I want to cull through all my scrap stuff too. At least my desk and wire shelving/cubes are up and ready to go. Just need to start emptying rubbermaid totes!

I'll be taking pictures of the house soon for those of you who are actually interested in seeing my place.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY wanna see....especially the super folded linen closet. Every time *I8 do that, Adam sees it as an invitation to fling them to and fro.....

Glad it's beginning to feel like home.

So are ya sick of Chick-Fil-A yet??

:)

Tia said...

This is amazing - I am just STARTING our process of moving overseas! We're going to New Zealand. Wish me luck! (Any good advice on things NOT to do?!?)

Here from Michele's! =)

Christy said...

It's great that you're almost done. I am not surprised at all! I am looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Sue said...

Well, I am looking forward to visiting and seeing it first hand -- someday :). I am gonna start getting back in blog reading mode so be prepared for comments now --
I love a good clean sweep don't ya? We had to get a storage rental in order to put all the stuff we PLAN on selling LOL probably next year since we just won't have time this year LOL

jennypenny said...

Starting over in a new place is so exciting. Like you, I LOVE organizing things and deciding where everything is going to go. Have fun! Here from Michele's

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have been through a lot with the move and all. I was just reading back through your posts on the house hunting process. You must be so relieved to be in your house at last! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Anonymous said...

could you come organize my house, pleeeeeeeeeease???