Tuesday, February 05, 2008

1ID Band and Mardi Gras

Well, hubs in "whoopin' it up" in NOLA....the band is currently on tour and they marched (or probably are still marching as I type!) parades for Mardi Gras.

Yesterday, they participated in the Proteus parade. They were blessed to be 7th in sequence, so they were close to the front, not much pausing and stopping. But still...the parade started at 5:15 p.m. and I got a call from Scott around 8:30 p.m. telling me they JUST FINISHED the parade. It is well over 5 miles...that's a LOT of playing and marching. They do stop and perform from place to place, so he set it up with small groups going out to perform, giving others a much-needed break.

www.mardigras.com has live webcams. I sat down around 5:25 or so to try and see the band. I could not connect. I tried to change media format (from real player to windows mediaplayer) but it wouldn't work. I closed windows and tabs and tried again. FINALLY connected at 5:37 p.m. I decided to go to the still shots. One shot a minute. Saw that the band shot was there - at 5:35. DARNIT...I missed them. But I was able to download the picture. Not very clear or good, since it's a webcam capture, but at least the band got a picture:


Today, they were marching the Rex parade. Started at 10:00 a.m. I knew I wasn't going to be able to see the band, since I was at MOPS till 11:30 a.m. I went to lunch with Sandra and her daughter Alyssa (our standard "after MOPS" routine) and my phone rang around noon. It was Scott...in the middle of the parade! Apparently, a float ran into something and broke down, and they were at a standstill. He said they were still very close to the start and that they still had 5 miles to go! That's a LOT of work! When I got home, I checked the still cam shots to see if I could figure out when the band came through. Lo and behold, a GREAT shot of the band (okay, great only in the aspect that it is the ENTIRE band, and not just a section of it....). About 11:15 or so.



Scott said that he's been able to take a lot of pictures of the crowd and of many of the floats during the parade (due to the stopping and the delay). I'll be posting those when he gets back from tour.

1 comment:

Bobkat said...

Now that's a lot of marching! Those are great pics and it was good you got to catch them on the webcam when they were on!

Thanks for the visit. Sending hugs your way and fingers crossed you get good news soon.