Saturday, February 23, 2008

birthday fairy

We are heading out to a birthday party today. My friend's daughter, Alyssa, turns 5 this year. It's hard to believe we've managed to eke out 3 years as friends in the same location. We were able to celebrate Alyssa's 3rd birthday in Germany in 2006...and now, here we are, still celebrating in Kansas! As military families, this is too often a RARE occasion. You usually move on in 2 years, or your friends move the year after you get there...it's a never-ending cycle that sometimes hurts the heart.

But as blessings go, I wouldn't change it for the world. Because I am sure that I'll end up somewhere with one of my friends again!

Anyway, I made this cute card for Alyssa's birthday!

4 comments:

Bobkat said...

That is such a sweet card! :) Much nicer than ones that are bought in the shops.

Christy said...

Very cute card and tell Alyssa Happy birthday, I can't believe she's 5! She was soooo tiny when they left!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is adorable, Linda! So cute!

Nestor Family said...

This card is GREAT!!!