Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Avalon

Avalon is a wonderful Christian music group...they've had the hit song "Testify to Love" as well as many others....and this past Sunday, they came to perform at our church...for FREE.

Lauri M. and Christy I., both from Augusta and long-time friends, made the hour-long drive out to Lexington to come and see the concert...and me. I was so blessed to have them come out. Christy was the first person I met when we moved to Augusta...she lived one street over from me and had a daughter Hannah's age. She invited me to her playgroup and church...and I was hooked (on BOTH!). I met Lauri through the same church and playgroup...she and I instantly connected because we had a military spouse link...and she was going through the same things with her 2nd pregnancy that I'd had with Scotty. I watched her little boy Brody when she went for stress tests weekly. I LOVE the fact that, even though we've not seen each other for years, we still had that friendship!

Anyway - I also got a new friend, Melissa I., who lives up the street, to come along with us. The four of us had a WONDERFUL time. I love to spend time with godly women...women who have that amazing love for Jesus.

Anyway - here are a few pictures from the concert!


l to r: Melissa, Christy, Lauri - patiently awaiting the start of the concert.

Jeremi, the newest member of the group

Melissa Greene - she's 8 months pregnant and was belting out some amazingly high notes!

Greg

Janna


Avalon performing at First Baptist Church of Lexington


The gals after the show - Lauri, Me, Christy, Melissa

1 comment:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

What great fun! We were blessed to hear Avalon in concert in Anchorage - and loved them.