Monday, August 09, 2010

grrr...

I've decided to rename a street in our subdivision from Cochin Trace to Cochin Trash...because it appears that when they decided to build cheap houses on small lots, all that brought into our nice neighborhood was trash. We had little or NO vandalism until they started building houses there, now it's RAMPANT. We can't get food delivered, and heaven forbid there would be an emergency in the neighborhood, they wouldn't be able to find it, since all the street signs were ripped down.

today, though, was the last straw. When a GROWN woman allows her 12 year old child to throw a dive stick at an adult and hit them (ME, by the way) and then say, "Oh, I don't think he did it deliberately, but I surely would have. Why don't you come out of the pool missy and take it up with me right here?" No...seriously.

All because I asked her kids to not play roughly (they were pushing each other under and the littler kids like ours see this and think it's appropriate, of course). She swore at me, told me, "You think you're all that, huh?"...all because I am one of THOSE people...you know the ones...the rule followers.

sigh....

Welcome to my lovely neighborhood. Love my house, love MY street, but wish it were somewhere else.

2 comments:

rennratt said...

I hate to say it, but I think that attitude is everywhere these days. The idea of entitlement, that kids should be allowed to act in a vulgar manner, that other adults should bow and swoop to nasty behavior.

I am with you on this, Linda. I'm sorry that your newer neighbors act this way, but I'm glad that the people on your street don't behave this way.

Bobkat said...

We have exactly the same thing here. I was sat with my sister at a show and a small child was thumping her leg and making a lot of noise. Whne my sister asked nicely to stop the child and keep it quiet, the women said exactly the same thing adn the man who was with her turned really nasty. It's unacceptable and responsible good people need to support each other more in standing up to peole like these to send a clear message that this behaviour will not be tolerated!