Friday, December 30, 2005

A year in review

"acquired this from my friend Annette's blog (see sidebar link)...great way to sum up the year, I think (thanks Annette!)

JANUARY1. Did you have a new year's resolution this year? No, I didn't bother, it's too hard to try making resolutions that I knew I wouldn't be able to keep.
2. Who kissed you at midnight? My husband, of course. We stayed home and celebrated quietly.
3. Did it snow where you live? No - we were in Georgia
5. Have you ever been to Times Square to watch the ball drop? Not on New Year's Eve, but I have been there

FEBRUARY
1. Who was your valentine? Scott, of course...but Hannah was a sweet valentine, too!
2. What did your valentine get you? Honestly? I can't really remember!
3. When you were little, did you buy valentines for your whole class? Of course, but I didn't always get cards from the whole class.

MARCH
1. Are you Irish? No, but I LOVE all things Irish.
2. Did you wear green on St. Patty's Day? I forgot, as usual - blame it on mommy brain and getting ready to move to Germany!
3. What did you do for St. Patty's Day? Well, it was on a Thursday, so we had our weekly playgroup date.

APRIL
1. Do you like the rain? If it's warm and gentle, yes, but if it's cold and hard-driving, no. But it does serve a greater purpose, to nourish the earth
2. Did you play an April Fool's joke on anyone this year? No, I always hate it when someone "gets" me, so I don't try to bother others!
3. Did you get tons of candy on Easter? Not really - we've managed to avoid too much candy on Easter!

MAY
1. What's your favorite kind of flower? Carnations and roses
2. Do you like the spring? Spring is a new beginning, new hope for all things.
3. Finish the phrase: "April showers bring...": yellow rivers of pine pollen in the streets of Georgia, LOL!
4. What would you think of as a spring color?: Bright yellows, pinks, reds, greens, blues - for daffodils, tulips, cardinals, grass and trees, and skies.

JUNE
1. What year did you graduate from school? 1985
2. Did you go on any vacations last June? My entire spring was a "vacation" so to speak...we were in Pittsburgh, Maine and Germany, all in the same month! June was the biggest month for me, as we moved to Germany in mid-month.

JULY
1. What did you do on the 4th of July? Went to Würzburg and watched the 1st Infantry Division Band perform a concert - it was cold, but nice - the kids enjoyed the music and the fireworks
2. Did you go on any vacations during this month? Yes, we went to Normandy, France to find Scott's great-uncle's grave in Brittany American Cemetery, and we went to Garmish-Partenkirchen (in the heart of the Bavarian Alps, at the base of the Zugspitze, the tallest peak in Germany)

AUGUST
1. Did you do anything special to end off your summer? Nope, not a thing.
2. What was your favorite summer memory of '05? Standing on Omaha Beach in Normandy, feeling the water wash onto my feet, and imagining what it was like on D-Day in 1945, as our soldiers came to shore.
3. Did you go swimming a lot in the summer? The only swimming I did was at the indoor pool at the Edelweiss Resort in Garmish.
4. Did you go to the beach a lot? I am in the middle of Germany, not many chances for a beach

SEPTEMBER
1. Did you attend school/college in '05? No...other than a one week "class" on Bamberg, Germany
2. Who is/was your favorite teacher? My 2nd grade teacher Mrs. Wylie, and my high school French teacher, Mrs. Paradis - she was a true mentor.
3. Did you like fall better than summer? When I was in Georgia, I loved fall because we could finally go outside without the sweltering heat, but there were no colors or great fall fragrances...now, fall in Germany is much cooler, but colorful and the way I remember it in Maine.

OCTOBER
1. What was your favorite Halloween costume ever? I think it was my 50's outfit. I cut out a poodle all by myself from felt, lol!
2. What's your favorite candy? anything chocolate!
3. What did you dress up like this year? Nothing - too much hassle!

NOVEMBER
1. Whose house did you go to for Thanksgiving? Had a "stairwell" Thanksgiving with 2 other neighbors, we were at Lisa's house downstairs from us.
2. Do you like stuffing? No, not really, though I will eat it from time to time.
3. What are you thankful for? My family, my life

DECEMBER
1. Do you celebrate Christmas? Yes, as both a Christian and secular holiday...but I put the emphasis on why we have Christmas
2. Have you ever been kissed under mistletoe? yeah...no big thing, lol!
3. What did you want this year for Christmas? Scrapbook stuff, DVD sets of Friends, ER, House, Little House on the Prairie, books, jewelry
4. What's the best present you ever got for Christmas? I don't really know...there is nothing that stands out as something I remember year after year
5. Do you like cold weather? Yes, but not bitter cold...the cold that comes with snow - big, fluffy snow that piles up fast!
6. How would you rate your year on a scale of 1-10? 6 1/2 - we had a lot of changes in our lives; being separated from Scott for 7 weeks was tough, moving to Germany away from family and friends was tough, not seeing our personal belongings for 5 months was tough...but the year is ending well.

No comments: