Monday, March 12, 2007

Inspired

I've been meaning to work on something for several weeks now. I am participating in my first ever "Circle Journal" swap. There are five of us doing this. I get lucky...the person who follows me is a good friend from Bamberg who managed to come to Ft. Riley too!

Anyway - I have never done this before and picking a theme was a HARD thing to do. I finally decided on "Comfort Foods". So....then I had to decide the album size. I want something cute but not too bulky. I had a Basic Grey Lunch Box kit and decided to use that.

I really enjoyed making the outside. Now I need to work on getting my first pages in. I'll do that tomorrow; I'm on a roll here!!!

Here's my "Fabulous Comfort Recipes 4 Life" box.



What do you think? And if you're a scrapbooker and would be interested in participating in my circle journal, let me know. Once I make the rounds with my group, I'd be glad to pass it on. All you have to do is create a 2 page spread (to fit the box, of course) of a favorite comfort food in your life. Something you turn to again and again...something that reminds you of home, childhood and happiness. And in return, once I get the entire thing back, I will scan all the pages and email them to everyone who participated. That way you can print it out if you want!!!

8 comments:

rennratt said...

What are the dimensions of the box?

This sounds fun, and I may like to try it!

Anonymous said...

that box is terribly cute. Well done, girl!

Sue said...

Really awesome sis!! Of course I would LOVE to make a couple of pages for your comfort food album -- LMK what I need to do :)

Anonymous said...

What a great theme for a cj. And I love the idea of using the lunch box. Very creative.

Count me in. I'll do pages for your "book."

Christy said...

Looks great!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I haven't done a scrapbook page in a few years, but every so often, I get the urge to get back into it again. I'll file this away for ideas for the future, LOL!
Off to see your scrapbook layouts on the link to the right. Maybe that will get me inspired again.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see this!! Glad to read that you didn't hurt your back and the doc is fixing ya up.
Alice

Anonymous said...

Count me in for your next round!! I LOVE doing these!!!

Sorry I've been MIA!!