Saturday, July 21, 2007

I'm in HEAVEN....

We went to Lawrence, KS today, just to toodle around and waste time (gotta do something while Scott's on vacation, right?)

I FINALLY got my DD jelly donut - with granulated sugar. It's been over 2 1/2 years since I last had one, people. I have CRAVED, and CRAVED my jelly donut. There are NO DD's here in Manhattan, KS. There are NONE close by.

The donut place here STINKS. It's called Daylight Donuts - and by 9:00 a.m., there are no "good" donuts left. And they close at 11:00 a.m. And the coffee sucks. They've never heard of sugared donuts - just that nasty powered stuff that makes a mess and makes you look like you've been huffing baby powder. There are no Krispy Kremes here either - not that it matters, because to me, KK is a poor second to my beloved DD.

I will post more on our trip to Lawrence as soon as I upload the pictures from my camera - along with the pictures of the big boy in my house (no, he's not potty trained, but he DOES have his big boy furniture now!)

5 comments:

craziequeen said...

Your post has prompted me to finally look up what a Krispy Kreme is.
I didn't realise they were donuts too......but they are now available in the UK, apparently.

Me, I'm not a donut fan. I don't like them at all.

Michele sent me to learn about your passion for Dunkin' Donuts :-)

cq

Anonymous said...

I love cake donuts with chocolate frosting. Hmmmm.
I do miss Krispy Kreme, one of the ONLY things good about Alabama.
I have an awesome recipe for donut muffins if you want it, just lemme know.

Marine Wife said...

Too funny. When I was pregnant with #2, I had the worst cravings for DD chocolate donut holes. Guess what? No DD in Monterey or anywhere nearby. And like you say, the local places just weren't up to snuff. And I honestly don't see what the big deal is about Krispy Kreme. I'm not a huge donut fan, but that pregnancy craving for something that was just unavailable almost did me in!

Thanks for the comment. I'll have to go prune-shopping. Soon!

LoveMyTanker said...

I second the fact that Daylight Donuts SUCKS, the one in JC and the one in Manhattan! LOL

I hope you enjoyed your 'Good Eats' :)

rennratt said...

I have never experienced a Daylight Donut, and appreciate the insight.

I shall avoid them like the plague.

Do you have a Fractured Prune anywhere nearby?

They are a little pricey, but well worth it.

I was introduced to Tim Horton's while in Maine. I LOVE THEM. Almost more than DD.