Wednesday, March 19, 2008

colorful

I went to my monthly coffee group meeting last Tuesday. Since I'm the treasurer/secretary AND the Brick Lady (and my friend told me, "The Brick Lady NEVER leaves. You will be at Ft. Riley forEVER." and she has this on GOOD authority...she was the Brick Lady and has been here now for over 5 years. The other "Brick Lady"...the FIRST, I believe, is STILL here, though she finally broke the curse and should be leaving this summer.....)

oh...sorry for the digression!

Anyway...since I am all of those things listed above, I usually make it to all the meetings...I have to take money (if anyone has any to give), etc. And we always do an opportunity drawing. (can't call it a raffle, don't ask me why). Usually I buy my tickets at the end, but I got 2 tickets of the front of the roll (oh yeah...I am the one who has all the tickets, too) and sold another 14 afterward. We put them all in the bag, and our newest member was asked to draw the ticket. And it was the FIRST off the roll! I like being a winner!

So, my prize was a pretty bottle with some gorgeous "sunflowers" in it. They are really a form of mums, I think. But they were PRETTY. So, the next day, I set up a photo shoot with my flowers. Some still life work. Here's what I came up with!


The entire jar...so well-presented


close up of the orange flower. I was
a bit disappointed, this was the first
one to die...only 2 days after.

Shot from above, and a closeup of the pink flower


This ended up turning out pretty good. I had set
my camera up, but had the f-stop wrong, so it was
totally dark. But thanks to photoshop, it was easily
corrected by hitting Auto Color!

And this....this is my absolute FAVORITE one!






I'm also excited because I am signing up for a photography class! I SO can't wait...one month of classes, twice a week. The Saturday classes are evening classes and will be "field trip" classes, shot just before sunset so that we can do landscape/nature photography.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling you'll do well in your photography class. Those flower pics are beautiful!!

Suzanne said...

I love those pictures! What a beautiful prize. YOu did a great job. I agree with Lani, you'll do great. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Rachelle Jones said...

I think those are Gerber daisies...

they are so pretty and bright!! makes Spring feel REAL!!

Have a good Easter!

Kim said...

Love those Gerber Daisies! How beautiful! Where are you taking your photography class? Is it a local photo shop/store? I would love to do that, but not until I get a nicer camera. :)Have fun with it!

Nestor Family said...

These are really great photos!

Have fun in photography class!!!

(Fun meme a few posts back, too... I may have to give that one a go. I am always a sucker for a good meme!!!)

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

The flowers are gorgeous.

liberal army wife said...

Gerbera's! love them to pieces.. and they grow so happily - don't mind much other than rabbits, deer... marauding dogs...

lovely pictures.

LAW

Bobkat said...

You got some nice shots there. I love the yellow flower one and the one from the top especially. I am sure you will enjoy the photography classes :)

Casdok said...

Lovely photos! Well done!!

Mrs. C said...

Thanks for visiting my corner!

These are some of my favorite flowers. Their colors are so vibrant to me.