Monday, October 05, 2009

Okay, I promised more...

So here you go!

When we last left the MacDonald Clan on vacation, we discovered a visit to family on Day 5.

Day 6 of our vacation:

Pretty much what we had done for the other days, lol! We did morning beach time at Tigertail Beach. We spent the afternoon in the pool. We went out to eat that night. We ate at Su's Garden, Chinese food. All proclaimed it FANTASTIC. Scott said he had some of the best General Tso's Chicken that he'd ever eaten. I really enjoyed the chicken fried rice and crab rangoons. The kids especially loved the teriyaki beef sticks. They were skewered on wooden "kabob" sticks, and had a pineapple and cherry on each stick. They brought us a little "hibachi" (I think it had gelled sterno in it!) and we "warmed" our meat up on the grill. The kids thought it was GREAT! We did have leftovers to take home, as they served SO much.

After that, Hannah and I took a private trip to Tigertail Beach. It was low tide, and we were determined to find some more sand dollars. We headed across the lagoon, and started walking up toward the point. It was REALLY low tide, and the shells were great. As we walked in the shallow water, with the waves lapping gently around our ankles, I took a step and scared a small stingray! This freaked Hannah out! She refused to walk next to me. Of course, this meant that she would miss potential sand dollars.

BUT...as luck would have it, we were able to find THREE of them, in really good condition. I found two, and "helped" Hannah spot the 3rd one. We likely would have stayed longer, but there was a storm rolling in...the dark clouds were a bit scary, so we decided not to get caught and headed back across the lagoon (the tide was starting to come in again, so the lagoon was getting deeper).

All in all, a successful evening, and a good time with my lovely daughter.

Unfortunately, we didn't take a SINGLE picture that day! Scott wouldn't let me bring the camera in to dinner, and I was disappointed, since we had such a fun time! Oh well. More to come...

1 comment:

Bobkat said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I love walking in the surf as it breaks on the sandy beach.

Tell me though, what are sand dollars?