Tuesday, March 30, 2010

last weekend...

I went up to Asheville, NC to meet up with Suzanne. Though I'd never PHYSICALLY met her before, we've been friends for quite a while through the wonderful world of the internet. Having husbands who do the same thing, and having discovered through the years that we have so much in common, we decided it was high time we meet up. Especially since this was likely the last time we'd be close enough to each other to visit for a long time.

So we decided to meet up in Asheville and go to the Biltmore Estates. We had a GRAND time. We shopped, ate, talked and took pictures. It was a blast, and I'm forever grateful that we were able to meet up!

I took a ton of pictures, as did Suzanne. We took pictures of each other, with both cameras. I was excited to be able to take a pano set (panoramic photo set) of The Biltmore Estates, and using Hugin software, I got it stitched together. While I have a lot of other pictures to share, I wanted to post this one right now, and will share the others later on. This pano was created with 9 different shots at ISO 400, f/13, 1/500, with a 55mm focal length. With Hugin, all you do is load the pictures, and the software will find all the matching points and stitch the photo flawlessly. It's a great program, and it's FREE!!!

5 comments:

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

Very nice panoramic! We went there many years ago and loved it. Can't wait to go back. Asheville is one of my all time favorite cities!

Lori F. said...

Beautiful picture! I know the house is one of the most famous ever, but I couldn't help being drawn to the mountains in the background. Cool software.

saintseester said...

I love the panorama. I don't ever seem to remember to take a bunch of shots though!

berrypatch said...

Cool! That's a really neat photo. I can't wait to see more!

Bobkat said...

So glad you had such a wonderful time.

I love the panoramic photo and will be trying this software myself sometime. What a great find!