Thursday, September 23, 2010

Random Dozen

1. Have you, or has someone close to you, ever won an award for anything? Depends on what you mean by award...my daughter has won an award for the last 2 years for perfect attendance. My kids win awards in AWANA...I've won various ribbons and trophies for musical performances. I was awarded the John Phillip Sousa Award in high school, as was my husband. And of course, my husband has received numerous awards in the military.

2. Who is the nearest relative to you who has served in the US Military? Well, I'm a veteran of the USAF, and my husband currently serves in the US Army. My step-father and step-brother served in the Marine Corps.

3. Share something that stirs the patriotic spirit in you. Hearing the national anthem, no matter where I am, makes me CRY. So does seeing veterans of wars stand and proudly salute their flag as it parades by. And when I'm at Scott's concerts and they do the Armed Forces Medley, I am moved to tears to see those men and women stand up (and yes, I do stand up, twice, once for my service in the USAF, and once for my husband)

4. Where are you in the birth order in your family? Do you think your "placement" made a difference in your personality? I'm the baby of the family...last of 3.

5. Name one trait you hope you carry that was evidenced in your parents or grandparents. Hard worker.

6. If female, do you prefer wearing a skirt or pants? If male, shirt and tie or polo? I prefer pants at most times. I will wear skirts, but I think it is mostly habit that I wear pants.

7. Approximately how many times do you wake during the night? What do you do to go back to sleep? I wake up too many times a night to count...I am an insomniac, and I hear EVERYTHING...so snoring, sneezing, coughing...it wakes me up! Usually, I will go downstairs and turn on the TV and fall asleep on the couch.

8. Share a favorite movie quote. "I'll have what she's having"

9. What is your favorite Fall candle scent? Anything apple/cinnamon

10. What is one Fall activity you're looking forward to? Fall festivals and halloween

11. Tell us about a pleasant surprise that happened to you recently. I can't think of one.

12. What was it like when you first met your in-laws-to-be? I was nervous about meeting my husband's family. We'd been dating over a year by that time, and we'd already planned to move to Atlanta together. I don't know what my MIL was thinking about me, but I am glad she likes me!

1 comment:

Bobkat said...

See, I pop over ans learn a whole stack of new things about you, some which aren't a surprise (does not surprise me that you have won awards and are stirred by your National Anthem). Thanks for sharing :)